[RELEASE CANDIDATE] libapreq2 2.09-RC2
Issac Goldstand
2006-11-09 08:51:25 UTC
Following up on the FAIL report for win32:

The new Apache-Test-1.29-RC2 runs the test suite for 2.08 just fine
(against mod_perl-2.0.3-RC2). However, here the test suite can't load
mod_perl (also mod_perl-2.0.3-RC2) into the server properly:

E:\cpp\libapreq2-2.09\glue\perl>perl t\TEST -clean

E:\cpp\libapreq2-2.09\glue\perl>perl t\TEST -verbose t\api\cookie.t
t\api\erro
t t\api\module.t t\api\param.t t\apreq\big_input.t t\apreq\cgi.t
t\apreq\cooki
t t\apreq\cookie2.t t\apreq\inherit.t t\apreq\upload.t
C:/Apache2/bin/httpd.EXE -d E:/cpp/libapreq2-2.09/glue/perl/t -f
E:/cpp/libap
q2-2.09/glue/perl/t/conf/httpd.conf -D APACHE2 -D PERL_USEITHREADS
using Apache/2.2.3 (winnt MPM)

waiting 60 seconds for server to start: .[Thu Nov 09 10:21:58 2006]
[warn] Pas
nv variable PERL5LIB was undefined

waiting 60 seconds for server to start: ok (waited 0 secs)
server localhost:8529 started
t\api\cookie.........request has failed (the response code was: 404)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
dubious
Test returned status 9 (wstat 2304, 0x900)
t\api\error..........request has failed (the response code was: 404)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
dubious
Test returned status 9 (wstat 2304, 0x900)
t\api\module.........request has failed (the response code was: 404)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
dubious
Test returned status 9 (wstat 2304, 0x900)
t\api\param..........request has failed (the response code was: 404)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
dubious
Test returned status 9 (wstat 2304, 0x900)
t\apreq\big_input....1..21
# Running under perl version 5.008008 for MSWin32
# Win32::BuildNumber 819
# Current time local: Thu Nov 9 10:22:04 2006
# Current time GMT: Thu Nov 9 08:22:04 2006
# Using Test.pm version 1.25
# Using Apache/Test.pm version 1.29
# # of keys : 5, key_len 5
# Failed test 1 in t\apreq\big_input.t at line 41
# testing : GET long query
# expected: 39
# received: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
# <html><head>
# <title>404 Not Found</title>
# </head><body>
# <h1>Not Found</h1>
# <p>The requested URL /TestApReq__big_input was not found on this
server.</p>
# </body></html>
not ok 1
# # of keys : 15, key_len 5
# Failed test 2 in t\apreq\big_input.t at line 41 fail #2
# testing : GET long query
# expected: 119
# received: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
# <html><head>
# <title>404 Not Found</title>
# </head><body>
# <h1>Not Found</h1>
# <p>The requested URL /TestApReq__big_input was not found on this
server.</p>
# </body></html>
not ok 2
[snip]

CGI passes most tests (it fails 7; libapreq-2.08 also fails the same
ones lately. That's a separate issue for a separate thread, though),
it's just the mod_perl ones that seem to fail.

Deeper probing (t/conf/httpd.conf) shows that:
<IfModule !mod_perl.c>
#unable to locate mod_perl.so (could be a static build)
</IfModule>

Giving a path via t/TEST -libmodperl didn't help

Fixing the path to mod_perl manually in t/conf/httpd.conf did fix it
(and all tests but the same 7 from CGI passed).

I'll keep poking around, but perhaps someone more intimately involved in
Apache-Test can figure this out faster, based on what I've seen so far...

Issac
Philip M. Gollucci
2006-11-10 06:58:53 UTC
Can you post your "configuration" steps -- I'm the wrong person to ask,
but someone else might know. I see Steve H. got passing results.

Which CGI tests fail ?
Post by Issac Goldstand
The new Apache-Test-1.29-RC2 runs the test suite for 2.08 just fine
(against mod_perl-2.0.3-RC2). However, here the test suite can't load
The dection of mod_perl has changed 0 between 1.27->1.29 much less
1.29-rc1 and 1.29-rc2
Post by Issac Goldstand
CGI passes most tests (it fails 7; libapreq-2.08 also fails the same
ones lately. That's a separate issue for a separate thread, though),
it's just the mod_perl ones that seem to fail.
Didn't you just contradict yourself ? I'm probably reading that wrong
Post by Issac Goldstand
<IfModule !mod_perl.c>
#unable to locate mod_perl.so (could be a static build)
</IfModule>
Yes that would be the problem. (does Apache-Test have the correct path
to apxs and is it actually functional?)
Post by Issac Goldstand
Giving a path via t/TEST -libmodperl didn't help
Unfortunately, httpd-apreq unlike mod_perl does not yet handle this flag.
Post by Issac Goldstand
Fixing the path to mod_perl manually in t/conf/httpd.conf did fix it
(and all tests but the same 7 from CGI passed).
D'oh!
Philip M. Gollucci (***@p6m7g8.com) 323.219.4708
1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

I never had a dream come true
'Til the day that I found you.
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby.
I never found the words to say
You're the one I think about each day
And I know no matter where life takes me to
A part of me will always be...
A part of me will always be with you.
Issac Goldstand
2006-11-10 10:45:25 UTC
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
Can you post your "configuration" steps -- I'm the wrong person to ask,
but someone else might know. I see Steve H. got passing results.
Just perl Makefile.PL, nmake, nmake test
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
Which CGI tests fail ?
Erm, my win32 build computer fizzled a bit last night, but I'll try to
remember to post this on Sunday. I've already seen the same tests
failing on a separate PC with a separate build environment (at work -
yesterday's build were on my home office PC); I saw it when I was
originally writing the interactive-cgi module (but never found time to
chase them down)
Post by Issac Goldstand
CGI passes most tests (it fails 7; libapreq-2.08 also fails the same
ones lately. That's a separate issue for a separate thread, though),
it's just the mod_perl ones that seem to fail.
Didn't you just contradict yourself ? I'm probably reading that wrong
I don't think so - the CGI (t/apreq/cgi.t) test runs as a normal CGI, so
IIRC doesn't go through mod_perl...
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
Post by Issac Goldstand
<IfModule !mod_perl.c>
#unable to locate mod_perl.so (could be a static build)
</IfModule>
Yes that would be the problem. (does Apache-Test have the correct path
to apxs and is it actually functional?)
I believe so; the same Apache-Test detects the same mod_perl just fine
on the 2.08 tarball - it's really quite odd... Sunday I'll see if I can
reproduce this at work.
D'oh!
Randy Kobes
2006-11-13 05:07:56 UTC
Post by Issac Goldstand
CGI passes most tests (it fails 7; libapreq-2.08 also fails the same
ones lately. That's a separate issue for a separate thread, though),
it's just the mod_perl ones that seem to fail.
Didn't you just contradict yourself ? I'm probably reading that wrong
I don't think so - the CGI (t/apreq/cgi.t) test runs as a normal CGI, so
IIRC doesn't go through mod_perl...
That's true, but it needs mod_perl, for some APR::* modules.
Can you try installing the latest mod_perl-2.0.3-rc2 that
Philip posted to see if that helps?
Post by Issac Goldstand
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
Post by Issac Goldstand
<IfModule !mod_perl.c>
#unable to locate mod_perl.so (could be a static build)
</IfModule>
Yes that would be the problem. (does Apache-Test have the correct path
to apxs and is it actually functional?)
I believe so; the same Apache-Test detects the same mod_perl just fine
on the 2.08 tarball - it's really quite odd... Sunday I'll see if I can
reproduce this at work.
Does the installed Apache::TestConfigData point to the
correct httpd.exe?
--
best regards,
Randy Kobes
Issac Goldstand
2006-11-13 08:37:31 UTC
Post by Randy Kobes
Post by Issac Goldstand
CGI passes most tests (it fails 7; libapreq-2.08 also fails the same
ones lately. That's a separate issue for a separate thread, though),
it's just the mod_perl ones that seem to fail.
Didn't you just contradict yourself ? I'm probably reading that wrong
I don't think so - the CGI (t/apreq/cgi.t) test runs as a normal CGI, so
IIRC doesn't go through mod_perl...
That's true, but it needs mod_perl, for some APR::* modules.
Not quite; it needs the perl glue (eg, the XS extensions linked against
APR/Apache)
It doesn't need Apache running mod_perl.so
Post by Randy Kobes
Can you try installing the latest mod_perl-2.0.3-rc2 that
Philip posted to see if that helps?
That's what I was using.
Post by Randy Kobes
Post by Issac Goldstand
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
Post by Issac Goldstand
<IfModule !mod_perl.c>
#unable to locate mod_perl.so (could be a static build)
</IfModule>
Yes that would be the problem. (does Apache-Test have the correct path
to apxs and is it actually functional?)
I believe so; the same Apache-Test detects the same mod_perl just fine
on the 2.08 tarball - it's really quite odd... Sunday I'll see if I can
reproduce this at work.
Does the installed Apache::TestConfigData point to the
correct httpd.exe?
Not sure - trying to replicate this at work now - we'll see what happens.

Issac