[RELEASE CANDIDATE]: Apache-Test-1.29-RC1
Philip M. Gollucci
2006-09-07 18:07:35 UTC
A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.29-RC1 is now available.

http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.29-rc1.tar.gz

Please take the time to exercise the candidate through all your existing
applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or failures.

Changes since 1.28:
--------------------
Teach Apache::TestClient to encode spaces(' ') in query string of URLs
as %20. This is not a full mapping of ASCII to URL encoding.
If you need this, install LWP -- then Apache-Test will use
LWP -- which does this for you.
[Philip M. Gollucci]

Allow Apache::TestClient which is used when LWP is not installed
to accept mutiple headers of the same name.
[Philip M. Gollucci]

Add t_start_error_log_watch() and t_finish_error_log_watch()
to the Apache::TestUtil API which are only exported unpon request.
[Torsten Foertsch <***@gmx.net>]

Allow version variants of debuggers to be passed as arguments
to -debug. i.e. -debug=gdb65 for systems with multiple
versions of the same debugger. [Philip M. Gollucci]

On Win32, the Apache executable is called httpd.exe in Apache/2.2,
so let Apache::TestConfig try to find that if Apache.exe isn't
found [Randy Kobes]

force reconfiguration if existing configuration was generated
by an older version of Apache-Test [Geoffrey Young]

the -t_pid_file code resulted in confusing and fatal error message
for people using stale 1.27 configurations. so take steps to make
sure things continue to work. [Geoffrey Young]
Philip M. Gollucci (***@p6m7g8.com) 323.219.4708
1024D/A79997FA F357 0FDD 2301 6296 690F 6A47 D55A 7172 A799 97F

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
__ ___ ___ ____ __
/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/
<___/
Fred Moyer
2006-09-08 07:22:52 UTC
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.29-RC1 is now available.
http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.29-rc1.tar.gz
Please take the time to exercise the candidate through all your existing
applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or failures.
All tests pass perl 5.6/httpd 2.0.59/mod_perl 2.03rc1 (handles lack of
lwp also).

t/request................skipped
all skipped: libwww-perl is not installed
All tests successful, 3 tests skipped.

All test pass on my existing applications.
Fred Moyer

Radoslaw Zielinski
2006-09-08 10:57:28 UTC
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.29-RC1 is now available.
$ make test
[...]
t/cookies................skipped
all skipped: cannot find one of cgi or cgid
t/next_available_port....skipped
all skipped: cannot find one of cgi or cgid, cannot find module 'env'
t/ping...................ok
t/redirect...............skipped
all skipped: cannot find module 'mod_alias.c'

$ /usr/sbin/apxs -q LIBEXECDIR
/usr/lib/apache

$ ls /usr/lib/apache
build httpd.exp mod_alias.so mod_cgi.so mod_env.so mod_mime.so mod_perl.so
Radosław Zieliński <***@pld-linux.org>
Philip M. Gollucci
2006-09-13 19:50:57 UTC
Post by Radoslaw Zielinski
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.29-RC1 is now available.
$ make test
[...]
t/cookies................skipped
all skipped: cannot find one of cgi or cgid
t/next_available_port....skipped
all skipped: cannot find one of cgi or cgid, cannot find module 'env'
t/redirect...............skipped
all skipped: cannot find module 'mod_alias.c'
Can you paste the Makefile.PL line ?
And attach the generated t/conf/httpd.conf ?
Also, 'which apxs' output.

<___/
Radoslaw Zielinski
2006-09-13 20:23:29 UTC
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
Post by Radoslaw Zielinski
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.29-RC1 is now available.
$ make test
[...]
t/cookies................skipped
all skipped: cannot find one of cgi or cgid
t/next_available_port....skipped
all skipped: cannot find one of cgi or cgid, cannot find module 'env'
t/redirect...............skipped
all skipped: cannot find module 'mod_alias.c'
Can you paste the Makefile.PL line ?
perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
And attach the generated t/conf/httpd.conf ?
Sure. mod_alias is loaded alright:

$ httpd -d $PWD -f t/conf/httpd.conf -t -D DUMP_MODULES
Loaded Modules:
core_module (static)
mpm_prefork_module (static)
http_module (static)
so_module (static)
mime_module (shared)
alias_module (shared)
Syntax OK
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
Also, 'which apxs' output.
$ which apxs
/usr/sbin/apxs

$ ls `apxs -q LIBEXECDIR` | xargs
build httpd.exp mod_alias.so mod_asis.so mod_auth_basic.so
mod_authn_file.so mod_authz_groupfile.so mod_authz_host.so
mod_authz_user.so mod_autoindex.so mod_cern_meta.so mod_cgi.so
mod_env.so mod_ident.so mod_include.so mod_log_config.so
mod_mime_magic.so mod_mime.so mod_negotiation.so mod_perl.so
mod_setenvif.so mod_speling.so mod_ssl.so mod_userdir.so mod_version.so

This doesn't change anything:

$ make distclean
$ export APACHE_TEST_APXS=`which apxs`
$ perl Makefile.PL -apxs `which apxs`
$ make test
Radosław Zieliński <***@pld-linux.org>
Philip M. Gollucci
2006-09-15 07:09:16 UTC
Post by Radoslaw Zielinski
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
Post by Radoslaw Zielinski
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.29-RC1 is now available.
$ make test
[...]
t/cookies................skipped
all skipped: cannot find one of cgi or cgid
t/next_available_port....skipped
all skipped: cannot find one of cgi or cgid, cannot find module 'env'
t/redirect...............skipped
all skipped: cannot find module 'mod_alias.c'
Can you paste the Makefile.PL line ?
perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor
Looks fine -- though I normally say -httpd or -apxs as well (as you did below)
Post by Radoslaw Zielinski
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
And attach the generated t/conf/httpd.conf ?
Also looks good and matches mine.
Post by Radoslaw Zielinski
$ httpd -d $PWD -f t/conf/httpd.conf -t -D DUMP_MODULES
core_module (static)
mpm_prefork_module (static)
http_module (static)
so_module (static)
mime_module (shared)
alias_module (shared)
Syntax OK
Again matches mine.
Post by Radoslaw Zielinski
$ ls `apxs -q LIBEXECDIR` | xargs
build httpd.exp mod_alias.so mod_asis.so mod_auth_basic.so
mod_authn_file.so mod_authz_groupfile.so mod_authz_host.so
mod_authz_user.so mod_autoindex.so mod_cern_meta.so mod_cgi.so
mod_env.so mod_ident.so mod_include.so mod_log_config.so
mod_mime_magic.so mod_mime.so mod_negotiation.so mod_perl.so
mod_setenvif.so mod_speling.so mod_ssl.so mod_userdir.so mod_version.so
Yep thats good too.
Post by Radoslaw Zielinski
$ make distclean
$ export APACHE_TEST_APXS=`which apxs`
$ perl Makefile.PL -apxs `which apxs`
$ make test
Again that looks good.

I'm unable to duplicate this. Ideas anyone ?

Steve Hay
2006-09-08 12:25:38 UTC
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.29-RC1 is now available.
http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.29-rc1.tar.gz
All tests OK on Win32 using perl-5.8.8 and apache-1.3.34.
Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately. The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Radan Computational Ltd. The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmi
Randy Kobes
2006-09-13 01:33:50 UTC
Post by Philip M. Gollucci
A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.29-RC1 is now available.
http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.29-rc1.tar.gz
+1. Tested on

- Win32: Apache/2.2.3 (winnt)
- linux: Apache/2.0.55 (prefork)